(1) Dominion Cherry Blossom Lager - A perfect beer for spring and the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC.
(2) Pottery Barn Cozy Cable Knit Throw - I’ve had this blanket for awhile, and it’s perfect. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t thinking of getting one for every room.
(3) Icebreaker Siren Tank - I own pretty much everything Icebreaker makes, and this tank is my newest acquisition. Light, silky, comfortable, and it’s great on its own or for layering.
(4) The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook - Deb Perelman - I want to make ALL THE FOOD.
(5) Martha Stewart Notebooks - I’ve been needing new notebooks for work, and I wanted something more interesting than the classic, boring spiral notebook or legal pad. These come in fun colors and satisfy my office supply addiction.
I received my first Stitch Fix shipment today! If you aren’t aware of Stitch Fix, it’s a personal shopping-type site in which you fill out a very detailed style profile. Based on that, stylists will send you out five items, and you pay for what you keep and send back the rest! It’s a $20 fee per shipment, but if you keep an item, that fee is credited toward the final purchase amount. If you’re interested in signing up, I’d love it if you used my referral link here: http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3053141
Now, onto my first shipment!
I received three tops, one pair of skinny jeans, and one maxi dress. I was actually very impressed with this box. While I didn’t love everything (getting to that!), it’s stuff I wouldn’t necessarily pick out for myself, but still feels like me.
First up: the Sailboat Sheer Printed Top
This is the only item in my box I flat out didn’t like initially. The print was a bit too loud for me, but it actually worked pretty well when I tried it on. The sheer thing was a bit odd, too. I’m probably not keeping it, but am considering it, which says something considering I really didn’t like it when it came out of the box.
Second: The Jimmy Striped Racerback Maxi Dress
It’s a maxi dress! What’s not to like? I liked this one straight out of the box, though when I tried it on, I didn’t think it was for me. The waist cinches kind of strangely, but I don’t have any maxi dresses and I liked that they included one.
Third: Ivy Drop Print Tab Blouse
I loved this one the second I saw it, and it looks great on. Very much my style.
Fourth: Sophia Skinny Jeans
LOVED these. I was just thinking I needed a new pair of skinny jeans and these fit beautifully and comfortably. It’s like they read my mind.
Fifth: Rusty Striped 3/4 Sleeve Top
I was ambivalent about this out of the box, but liked it when I put it on. It’s laid back and comfortable.
All in all, I’m pretty sure I’m keeping at least two of the items out of my first box and I liked all of them. Not bad at all!
For newbies and seasoned BEA (Book Expo America) attendees alike, there are always a lot of questions about what you should bring to BEA and what you should have in your bag. While I’m by no means a BEA expert, this will be my third year attending, so I’ve created a board on Pinterest highlighting what I’ll be bringing and what will be in my BEA bag.